iPacific.com | Samoa | Forum

Author Topic: samoan to english translation FOB  (Read 28578 times)

caro3430

samoan to english translation FOB
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:30:54 PM »
can any one tell me what the word fob means

sofea

Re: samoan to english translation
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 02:59:50 PM »
fob means different things in diffrerent situations.

when someone is acting fob or if they have a fob moment then it means 'first off the boat'

when someone is a boy says he is a fob or apart of the fobs then he is talking about being apart of the 'family of brothers'

hope i helped. much alofa & tofasz !!!

ISA

Re: samoan to english translation
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:51:12 PM »
for most some would say FOB means "FRESH OFF the BOAT"....

it's usually used towards people who say or do things different from others..or from the way others are use to in life...
sometimes it's okay to use amongest those you know and can joke around with and theres that moment when it's not good to use to hurt ones feeling because they're different

Kristin Tupuola

Re: samoan to english translation FOB
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »
my husband is samoan and he said that FOB means like bum.....like if you say, "he looks like a fob" its kind of like saying he looks like a bum. sometimes he says babe you are dressed like a fob. so he is saying that i look like a bum lol. or he will tell my kids when they go play out in the dirt he says go take a bath you fob. we find it funny.

ipacific

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 07:41:44 PM »
The number one meaning of FOB was "Fresh off the boat."
It means the new guy in town, the greenhorn, someone who is naive, someone who does not know the ropes and the culture. Maybe they talk different, wear funny clothes. Maybe they have no job or money. They just arrived!  It doesn't have to be negative. We are all FOB sometimes.

OneTimeOnly

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 04:18:12 AM »
F.O.B. Means "Fresh Off the Boat". I was in high school when I first heard this and even though I'm not islander myself I know that its only meaning "Fresh Off the Boat" means to come from a pacific island such as Tonga or Samoa. It has no other variation and if you all think it does, then it's obviously made up. Everything I read refering to the word F.O.B. is the first time I had ever heard variations like that. It's ridiculous. It means your an Islander, that's it. Bye :)

hibiscus iPacific | Samoa | Forum