iPacific.com | Samoa | Forum

Author Topic: Faleomavaega attends inauguration of President Obama  (Read 3638 times)

ipacific

• Administrator
Faleomavaega attends inauguration of President Obama
« on: January 23, 2009, 02:13:35 PM »
Congressman Faleomavaega attended the inauguration of President Obama and announced, “January 20, 2009 was made possible thanks to the sacrifices of every person of color who has prayed and worked for the day when America would be all it was intended to be — a land of liberty, justice, and equality for all. Given the historic significance of yesterday’s inauguration for your children and mine, I was deeply honored to represent the people of American Samoa at this pivotal point in our nation’s history, and I thank our people for the opportunity to serve them.”

“With so much promise before us, I am hopeful that 2009 will bring blessings for American Samoa. I am also hopeful that America will remain steadfast despite the serious challenges our nation faces.

“I agree with President Obama’s call to remake America and to usher in a new era of peace. This is why I look forward to working closely with the people of American Samoa as we continue our journey of making America a land of promise that is, as President Obama said, ‘ready to lead once more,’” Faleomavaega said.

http://www.samoanewsonline.com/viewstory.php?storyid=3423&edition=1232618400

hibiscus iPacific | Samoa | Forum