iPacific.com | Samoa | Forum

Author Topic: Paramount Chief,. Senator Tuitele Fofo Tuitele will be missed  (Read 3819 times)

ipacific

• Administrator
Governor Togiola expresses condolences on passing of
Paramount Chief -Senator Tuitele Fofo Tuitele

Governor Togiola Tulafono expressed condolences on behalf of the Territory on the sudden passing of Paramount Chief Senator Tuitele Fofo Tuitele on Sunday, March 1, 2009.

“American Samoa has lost a great man and a great friend. Mary and I offer our condolences to Paramount Chief Tuitele’s family; to his wife - Mrs. Fesala’i Tuitele and children, and to his dear mother - Mrs. Lepeti Tuitele and family, on his passing. He will be greatly missed.

May the comfort of Our Heavenly Father be our source of strength during these difficult times as we say thank you to God for Paramount Chief Tuitele’s wonderful life and for the ways he shared it with us.”

Paramount Chief and Senator Tuitele T. Tuitele passed away peacefully at his Leone home on Sunday, March 1, less than a week before his 62nd birthday.

A moment of silence was observed  in both the Senate and the House of Representatives the following day, as lawmakers came together to remember Tuitele as a “great leader,” “good friend”, “quiet but intelligent person,” and “family man who loved his village and church.”

Tuitele passed away after attending a Sunday service for the Red Cross, which was held at the Leone CCCAS-Church.

He served the government of American Samoa for many years, as Deputy Chief Procurement Officer, as well as an official for the Department of Commerce. In the summer of 2007, Tuitele resigned from his post as director of Port Administration to take on the Fofo County Senate seat left vacant after the passing of Sen. Faiivae Apelu Galea’i.

This was to be his first full four-term as a senator. In the Fono, Tuitele served as chairman of the Senate Samoan Affairs Committee and the Senate Transportation Committee. He also co-chaired the Senate Health/Hospital Authority Committee and was a member of several other standing committees.

Tuitele is survived by his wife Fesalai, two sons Joshua and Jason, and a granddaughter.

hibiscus iPacific | Samoa | Forum