iPacific.com | Samoa | Forum

Author Topic: Survivor Samoa  (Read 4910 times)

Tavita Tusitala

• Administrator
Survivor Samoa
« on: October 12, 2009, 10:37:06 AM »
Survivor Samoa

The 19th edition of the Survivor series has 20 castaways  stranded on the South Pacific island nation of Samoa. They are immediately divided into two tribes: Galu and Foa Foa. Next, without speaking to each other, the tribe members select a chief who will make all of their decisions.

Survivor Samoa on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Samoa

Survivor Samoa on CBS
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/

Watch Survivor Samoa episodes at TV Guide
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/survivor-samoa/episodes-season-19/297643

Survivor Samoa on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/SurvivorSamoa

Tavita Tusitala

• Administrator
Re: Survivor Samoa not affected by Tsunami and quakes
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 10:55:36 AM »
'Survivor: Samoa' airs despite Pacific quake, tsunami
Sept. 29, 2009

"Survivor" appears to be safe in Samoa.

A spokeswoman for the CBS reality show says no crew members were harmed by the powerful earthquake that struck the South Pacific between Samoa and American Samoa around dawn Tuesday, sending large tsunami waves ashore.

The earthquake, with a magnitude between 8.0 and 8.3, is said to have had no effect on the production of the 20th season, which the spokeswoman said was not being filmed

Tavita Tusitala

• Administrator
Double trouble on Survivor: Samoa
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 04:03:08 PM »
Double trouble on Survivor: Samoa

EXCLUSIVE: The two oldest contestants on Survivor: Samoa have been eliminated, and both say their age played a part during their time on the show.

Foa Foa tribe members Mike Borassi, a 62-year-old chef from California, was taken out of the game after falling ill during a vigorous immunity challenge, while 48-year-old policewoman Betsy Bolan was eliminated at that night's tribal council.

Three people have now left the Foa Foa tribe after just two episodes, leaving opposing tribe Galu with a major advantage. Marisa Calihan was eliminated last week.

In a joint interview with Stuff.co.nz, Borassi and Bolan both admitted their age was a major disadvantage on Survivor.

"It's definitely a disadvantage," said Borassi. "They automatically assume you're going to be weak because you're older. You have to prove yourself right away."

Bolan: "See how cute those girls were? There's just no way I could have competed with them. It was hard for me to relate to them and to earn their respect. I was so out of that clique."

Borassi said his elimination - following a rugged immunity challenge resembling a rugby free-for-all - was a "bitter pill to swallow".

"I just got dehydrated and my blood pressure dropped and it just took a little bit for me to come back. I'm fine ... I was fine an hour after the game. I kept asking the doctor (not to) pull me, but the blood pressure wasn't coming back and that was it.

"I gave it 1000 percent and I made an impression ... what are you going to do?"

Bolan put her elimination down to the devious Russell Hantz, a 36-year-old oil tycoon who has deliberately caused trouble for Foa Foa. Hantz has burnt socks, emptied water canisters, lied about his involvement in Hurricane Katrina and made multiple secret alliances.

"I can't stand him, but I have to admit it, he's playing a good game," she said. "He outwitted me. He knew I was on to him, and he didn't want me to get to the (other girls on their tribe).

"I just needed one more day, maybe two. I almost had him but (I wasn't) good enough."

She denied accusations that, for a policewoman, she hadn't performed as well as she could have.

"I wasn't a weak link. I really am a strong person, I'm not fast, but I'm very strong.'

Borassi claimed Hantz' performance was an act.

"He's acting it but I don't think he is (a psychopath). It's an act. He said to me he wanted to be famous from this game ... I thought he was a weasel but I didn't think he was that cunning."

Our travel partners
Tours New Zealands's South and North Islands.
Tours in Rotorua See romantic Rotorua

Find a hotel in Australia or New Zealand
Venere
Air, Hotel, car
Save on Tickets, hotels and cars
Find s South Pacific Cruise
Over 100 fabulous South Pacific cruises from IAN.
Australia, New Zealand Accommodations and more destinations.
Hotels from Booking.com

hibiscus iPacific | Samoa | Forum