iPacific.com | Samoa | Forum

Author Topic: Really want to learn samoan!!(online)  (Read 19646 times)

samoangurrl

Really want to learn samoan!!(online)
« on: January 27, 2010, 02:40:52 PM »
talofa:)
i am a 14 year old girl and an afakasi.. i dont live in samoa anymore and being raised by a dad who isnt very good at teaching samoan, and a palagi mom, i never learned samoan. It would mean so much to me if you could help me create a better knowledge of my samoan. I can say words as though i already speak the language apparently(according to my grandparents who are fluent) and just want to know how to put sentences together and just learning the language in general. I would appreciate this so much, and i would, once again, like to learn more than just the basics
thnx!:)

ipacific

• Administrator
Re: Really want to learn samoan!! (online)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:20:30 AM »
There is just a start here at http://www.ipacific.com/samoa/basic_samoan.html

Many cities in the USA have Samoan churches and may already have a language class or people who would like to teach and practice Samoan.

Kristin Tupuola

Re: Really want to learn samoan!! (online)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 05:51:23 PM »
I am in ohio. My husband is samoan and my kids are half samoan. I have not ever heard of a samoan church there are some samoans that go to church but not many and there is know such thing as a samoan class here in ohio. I think that is something they should make.
There is just a start here at http://www.ipacific.com/samoa/basic_vocabulary.html

Many cities in the USA have Samoan churches and may already have a language class or people who would like to teach and practice Samoan.

alofasamoa

Re: Really want to learn samoan!!(online)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 05:56:28 PM »
I wish we had language classes here, its mainly on other cultures. Nothing on Samoan. Good luck.
...:::Mrs. Seumanutafa:::...

smoblack

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 04:46:17 PM »
Talofa,

I too wanna learn how to speak fluent samoan.  I understand a little but was never taught by my parents who are both samoan.
I know the basics also but want to learn more.  I can read it but just dont understand what im reading.  Any suggestions?

Fa'fetai Lava

SamoanKitty

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 04:37:20 PM »
When we lived in Carson, they did offer a Samoan class at Carson park.  That is how I learned the basics.. Alphabets, numbers, greetings, etc. This was several years ago. I don't know if they still do it, but it is very rare to find~

hahaha

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 11:24:31 PM »
I have not ever heard of a samoan church in ohio there are some samoans that go to church but not many and there is know such thing as a samoan class here in ohio. I think that is something they should make.???

Our travel partners
Tours New Zealands's South and North Islands.
Tours in Rotorua See romantic Rotorua

Find a hotel in Australia or New Zealand
Venere
Air, Hotel, car
Save on Tickets, hotels and cars
Find s South Pacific Cruise
Over 100 fabulous South Pacific cruises from IAN.
Australia, New Zealand Accommodations and more destinations.
Hotels from Booking.com

hibiscus iPacific | Samoa | Forum