iPacific.com | Samoa | Forum

Author Topic: Tattoo!  (Read 3988 times)

Zoe.DuVal

Tattoo!
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »
Hi! My name is Zoe, and I've been looking for a Samoan translator for two years, and finally stumbled onto this site. I am looking to get a phrase translated very acurately.

The phrase is.. In Dog we trust

Yes... Dog as in Dog the Bounty Hunter. I would be forever grateful if someone can translate this phrase for me!

Thanks!!
Zoe ;D

matai

Re: Tattoo!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »
Talofa Zoe

You asked:
Hi! My name is Zoe, and I've been looking for a Samoan translator for two years, and finally stumbled onto this site. I am looking to get a phrase translated very acurately.
The phrase is.. In Dog we trust
Yes... Dog as in Dog the Bounty Hunter. I would be forever grateful if someone can translate this phrase for me!

Answer >:(
The phrase itself is not hard but you can never say that to anyone Samoan because there are no such concepts in the culture that accepts that. If you were to say that in Samoan to someone you would considered a fool or stupid. Samoa is a a super christian country with very high morals and I can't be a party to helping someone denagrade the language culture and beliefs of all Samoans. If you need to elaborate the reason why you're requesting this I will consider it if it makes sense but the reason why no one has offered to help you is the very reason I have stated.

Manuia :)

hibiscus iPacific | Samoa | Forum