Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/content/12/14007812/html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
education in Samoa
Pacific Voyager Forum ipacific.com
April 22, 2019, 05:34:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to iPacific™  forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: education in Samoa  (Read 1285 times)
t ward

« on: April 18, 2010, 02:30:08 PM »

Can anyone tell me about the educational
levels offered in Samoa?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:02:58 AM by ipacific » Logged
ipacific
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 06:01:19 AM »

It is similar to the American system and there is a community college of American Samoa for advanced study.  A.S.C.C.
http://www.amsamoa.edu/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvFd_lB5Dg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvFd_lB5Dg</a>
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:04:20 AM by ipacific » Logged
brown-skin-girl

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »

i really want to knw bout the level of samoan education
Tavita Tusitala
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »

American Samoa education is on a U.S. model.
Early grades are taught mostly in Samoan, and a bi-cultural, bi-lingual component continues in higher grades.
Just like in the continental U.S. all children can go to free public schools through high school. Many go on the college or to off-island colleges.

brown-skin-girl

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »

as u mentioned that they get through from primary scholl to high school is free, but once wen i was in school in sa, they get to pay their fees to get through to another class and high school, so i dont get it
angela

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 04:13:15 AM »

im realy interestd in learnn sam0an n i ws tinkin dat as a hi-skul studnt,cud i like g02 sam0a n skul??
tnx.
Marishvcard

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 03:25:25 AM »

I a'm very interested .
thanks
Penina O le Vasaloloa

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 12:53:02 PM »

American Samoa
Public EducationAmerican Samoa adopts the US Educational system or model. Usually, from early childhood, pre-school -kindergarden all through elementary education, there are no fees to be charged. (UNLESS,all of that has changed)  School(Bus) transportation and School Lunch Programs are subsidized by local and federal funding, and are therefore FREE... should be free of charge,from K5-12(High School).
Be realistic. Not everything is FREE. Expect to pay for school supplies, uniforms, school fundraising projects,gas if you take your child to school or pasese=bus fare if they catch the public bus to school.

High School or Secondary Education has been charging for registration and student activity fees, since way back then.

Private SchoolsUsually your child will have to take an entrance exam and then wait for an acceptance response
Private schools charge. You should look into it and do your research, if you are into it.

Above all, be TRUE to yourself, and if you cannot put your HEART in it, take yourself out of it. " <
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: