iPacific.com | Samoa | Forum

Author Topic: education in Samoa  (Read 8587 times)

t ward

education in Samoa
« on: April 18, 2010, 02:30:08 PM »
Can anyone tell me about the educational
levels offered in Samoa?

ipacific

• Administrator
Re: education
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 06:01:19 AM »
It is similar to the American system and there is a community college of American Samoa for advanced study.  A.S.C.C.
http://www.amsamoa.edu/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvFd_lB5Dg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvFd_lB5Dg</a>

brown-skin-girl

Re: education in Samoa
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
i really want to knw bout the level of samoan education

Tavita Tusitala

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »
American Samoa education is on a U.S. model.
Early grades are taught mostly in Samoan, and a bi-cultural, bi-lingual component continues in higher grades.
Just like in the continental U.S. all children can go to free public schools through high school. Many go on the college or to off-island colleges.

brown-skin-girl

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »
as u mentioned that they get through from primary scholl to high school is free, but once wen i was in school in sa, they get to pay their fees to get through to another class and high school, so i dont get it

angela

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 04:13:15 AM »
im realy interestd in learnn sam0an n i ws tinkin dat as a hi-skul studnt,cud i like g02 sam0a n skul??
tnx.

Marishvcard

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 03:25:25 AM »
I a'm very interested .
thanks

Penina O le Vasaloloa

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 12:53:02 PM »
American Samoa
Public EducationAmerican Samoa adopts the US Educational system or model. Usually, from early childhood, pre-school -kindergarden all through elementary education, there are no fees to be charged. (UNLESS,all of that has changed)  School(Bus) transportation and School Lunch Programs are subsidized by local and federal funding, and are therefore FREE... should be free of charge,from K5-12(High School).
Be realistic. Not everything is FREE. Expect to pay for school supplies, uniforms, school fundraising projects,gas if you take your child to school or pasese=bus fare if they catch the public bus to school.

High School or Secondary Education has been charging for registration and student activity fees, since way back then.

Private SchoolsUsually your child will have to take an entrance exam and then wait for an acceptance response
Private schools charge. You should look into it and do your research, if you are into it.
Above all, be TRUE to yourself, and if you cannot put your HEART in it, take yourself out of it. " <

US Dad

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 10:02:46 PM »
Good Evening All,

Hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to ask anyone that has returned to the US from teaching in Samoa, how this effects your success in gaining a teaching position here in the US?? For example, if one has a teaching degree here and goes to AmSamoa and teaches for a year, returns to the US and wants to be an educator here in the states, does that experience help??  Thank you very much.

Victoria19

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 03:25:30 AM »

Thank you for providing such valuable insight.

MaxReedLeo07

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 02:52:02 AM »
They focus on lots more on Education. Plain and simple. Most Asian countries have school six days per week and no summer time holiday. College is considered a primary schooling without hesitation.

hibiscus iPacific | Samoa | Forum