iPacific.com | Samoa | Forum

Author Topic: Great white sharks  (Read 8106 times)

ipacific

• Administrator
Great white sharks
« on: July 06, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »
When I saw this photo of Great White Shark and a kayak and found out it was not fake, it reminded me of stories from Samoa of sharks and worries or not. The pacific and black-tipped sharks that hang out around the reefs are usually not too much to worry about. Way more of them are eaten by people than people are bitten.   But I would still get chills if I saw anything this big anywhere near me!

Anyone remember anything about the great White Shark Vs. Man fight that was planned for Samoa after the original Jaws movie?

http://www.thomaspeschak.com/kayak-great-white-sharks-/

brown-skin-girl

Re: Great white sharks
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:04:45 PM »
this story remnds me of my own uncle who got eaten by a black sharks :( i think wat im writting dasnt even get with the old pst but it is wat in my head n feel like jst letting it out in the world:  :) my uncle got eaten by a black shark. i think all teh fisherman shall work to defence themsleve esp wen dangreous shark like dis,they seem friendly but they seriously nooooot  :( :( :( :( :(

Tavita Tusitala

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:31:24 AM »
I remember a shark story in Pago Pago harbor about a fishing boat.
They often dumped fish parts into the water and the sharks come like piranha.   
One fisherman ended up in the water with the fish and was killed by the sharks. 
It was a foreign tuna boat and they said he accidentally fell overboard, but it was pretty suspicious of murder. But that was their story and they stuck to it.
What a terrible way to go!

brown-skin-girl

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »
this story sound scary :(. but whoever said it accidently well, i think they tryin to get their man away from this. but it prety true hat someone has been eaten by a sharks, in samoa, n he is a rally good friend of our family. sometimes thing happened for a reason.shark didnt attack him for no reason, he mustn't done something to the shark.

well, fisherman shall look out for themselves

hibiscus iPacific | Samoa | Forum